Here at Old Time Review, we like to update you on classic pre-1980 films which are available to view on streaming services. According to JustWatch, September saw a small batch of films added to the MGM channel, an Amazon Prime Video subscription add-on that features productions from the studio’s owned movie and TV catalogue.
The films added include:
- Halloween (1978) – Slasher classic starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Raging Bull (1980) – Right at the end of our remit, but a classic. Sports Drama directed by Martin Scorsese; Starring Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Cathy Moriarty.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) – Musical Fantasy film starring Dick Van Dyke, Ann Howes and Lionel Jeffries.
- Some Like It Hot (1959) – Classic Billy Wilder comedy film starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon.
- The Manchurian Candidate (1962) – Thriller starring Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey, Janet Leigh and Angela Lansbury.
- Heaven’s Gate (1980) – Western starring Kris Kristofferson, Christopher Walken and John Hurt.
- The Missouri Breaks (1976) – Western starring Marlon Brando and Jack Nicholson.
- The Misfits (1961) – Contemporary Western starring Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift.
- Exodus (1960) – Historical Drama starring Paul Newman, Eva Marie Saint, Ralph Richardson and Peter Lawford.
- Support Your Local Sheriff! – Comedy Western starring James Garner, Joan Hackett, Walter Brennan and Harry Morgan.
- The Killing (1956) – Stanley Kubrick film noir starring Sterling Hayden and Coleen Gray.
Most, if not all, of these titles derive from the United Artists catalogue of distributed films. All of the above is available to stream on MGM’s Amazon Prime Video Subscription channel.
Please note that the above information may be subject to change; Titles sometimes have a limited time in which they are available. We will continue to update on future additions. What will you be watching?